The Lagos Neighborhood Safety Corps (LNSC) is a uniformed security agency established by a law of the Lagos State House of Assembly in 2016 to assist the Police and other security agencies to maintain law and order in the state.
They operate in all the 57 LGA/LCDA in Lagos.
The Lagos Neighborhood Safety Corps (LNSC) officers are indigenous locals from the various LGA/LCDA where they operate, which is a deliberate policy in order to make use of their local knowledge to achieve maximum grass root intelligence gathering and community policing.
Functions of LNSC include:
• Gathering information about crimes, crime in progress, suspicious activities and crime suspects among other things.
• Making available such relevant information on rimes, crime in progress, suspicious activities and crime suspects to the police or other security agencies that require it.
• Putting structure in place to ensure that hoodlums and cult groups do not have the opportunity to operate.
• Undertaking routine motorized patrol day and night.
• Reducing the crime rate and ensuring that offenders are identified and made to account for their misdeeds.
• Following up on arrest of offenders to the court and ensuring justice.
• Timely reporting of suspicious activities and crimes in progress to the police or other security agencies and improving relationship between the police and the community as it concerns law enforcement.
• Contributing to maintaining community peace.